Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Things I like #1 & #2

There is a little flower shop across the street from my apartment that has a marquee out front, and every day they put up a different first name on the board. If it is your name, you get a free rose. It is a very cute idea and I am huge fan. On Halloween, they put up my fantastic boyfriend's name and so I got this lovely rose to put out with my pumpkins and treats.

This launches into a special section of my blog I will refer to as "A Hundred Things I like about the Valley," in which I will attempt to find a hundred things I like about The Valley. A lofty endeavor, I realize. The valley is not a terrible place to live, it just has hefty competition with the last two places I lived. My last apartment was in Chicago, which is where I am meant to be, it's wonderful there. For details see my other neglected and boring blog, or have a ten minute conversation with me and it's bound to come up. My apartment before that was in Fullerton, another place I think is fabulous. I still go to Cal State Fullerton, so I'm there enough that I still frequently participate in the ridiculously wonderful towny stuff, but after those two fantastic places:

Here I am. Encino. Now I'm a Val. But that's okay, I am determined to come up with a hundred things I like in the Valley, starting with:


1.) My Fantastic Boyfriend

He lives in the valley as well, in fact, he used to live in my room two inhabitants ago. It's very convenient to have him know where everything is near me. Plus he is fantastic.


2.) Casa de Flores

The Adorable Flower shop across the street from me.

2 comments: